Immigration Law

(212) 859-5084

​U.S.  Immigration law allows for the immigration of foreigners to the United States based on relationship to a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident (green card holder). U.S. citizens may sponsor their spouses, parents, children, and siblings. Legal permanent residents may petition for their spouses and children. The sponsored relative becomes eligible to have his or her immigrant visa or Green Card application processed only if the visa petition is approved.

Similarly, foreign nationals may obtain permanent residence under certain conditions, including, if they are able to establish that they have unique skills, or are being offered a job in the United States that will not displace a U.S. worker or have an adverse effect on the wages and working conditions of U.S. workers.

We offer services relating to Family based Petitions, working with spouses, parents, sons and daughters in petitioning for the immigration status or visa of a family member in the United States as well as Employment based Petitions.

Let THE BARRETT LAW FIRM, P.C. help navigate the process so that you can start building your future today.


[LAW FIRM NAME] Is Here for You

At [LAW FIRM NAME], [I/WE] focus on [PRACTICE AREA(S)] and [I/WE] [AM/ARE] here to listen to you and help you navigate the legal system.

Contact Us Today

The Barrett Law Firm, P.C. is committed to answering your questions about Complex Civil & Commercial Litigation, Matrimonial & Family Law, Mediation, Trusts & Estates, Immigration Law and Veterans Benefits issues in the New York City Area in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island, and the Bronx, as well as in Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester and Greene Counties.

We'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.